Bell and Carlson Weatherby Vanguard/ Howa 1500 Stocks
The ultimate synthetic stock for your Weatherby.
Bell and Carlson stocks are constructed through a “hand lay-up” process using a variety of composite materials. The composites include fiberglass, aramid fibres, graphite, epoxy gel coats and laminating resins, and polyurethane reinforcement with milled fiberglass. These composites deliver a warm solid feel, rather than the hollow, toy-like feel you get from injection moulded stocks.
- Drop in for Weatherby Vanguard, Howa 1500, Smith & Wesson 1500 and Mossberg 1500, short action, hinged floorplate and heavy barrel contour
- Designed to be free floated
- Adjustable cheek piece .5” below boreline in down position with 1.125” total upward adjustment
- Cheekpiece posts incorporate .125” spaced e-clip positions for quick removal and replacement without losing the desired height
- Computer designed and CNC machined full length 6061-T6 aluminium bedding system extends through forearm for strength and stiffness. An additional aluminium “tall piece” extends from the bedding bock through the grip area for even more strength and rigidity
- 2 front sling studs and 1 rear sling stud
- Pachmayr© Decelerator© recoil pad
- Reliability over a temperature range of -10° to + 60°
- Lifetime limited warranty
Fitting the stock
Fitting your Bell and Carlson stock is an easy process in most cases as it is a drop-in stock. You simply remove the barrelled action from the original stock and bolt it into the Bell and Carlson stock. However, as there are variations in manufacturer’s original equipment or variations in the model, it may be necessary to remove minimal material from the magazine and/or barrel channel area. Modifications can typically be achieved with the use of “Dremel tools”, wooden dowel wrapped with sandpaper, or of course a barrel channel tool. Glass bedding of the stock is not necessary but may be preferred for an absolute positive fit. Enquire with your local gunshop about their fitting services or for more information.