Bell and Carlson Mauser 98 Sporter Style Stock
The ultimate synthetic stock for your Mauser 98 Sporter Style L/A, with checkering.
Bell and Carlson stocks are constructed through a “hand lay-up” process using a variety of composite materials. The composites include fiberglass, aramid fibres, graphite, epoxy gel coats and laminating resins, and polyurethane reinforcement with milled fiberglass. These composites deliver a warm solid feel, rather than the hollow, toy-like feel you get from injection moulded stocks.
- Sleek light weight sporter stock with cheekpiece and checkering
- Drop-in fir for sporter action with standard barrel contour, without adjustable trigger (Note: due to variations in actions, some modification may be required)
- Full aluminium bedding block extends from the grip to the front swivel stud, free floating barrel
- Durable finish
- Premium recoil pad (Pachmayr© Decelerator© comes standard on some models)
- Sling swivel studs (unless stated otherwise)
- Reliability over a temperature range of -10° to + 60°
- Stock pitch design increases contact with the shoulder for better recoil distribution
- Increased comb angle allows cheek to fall away from the stock
- Increased pistol grip or wrist arch for a more natural, comfortable position on the rifle stock
- Lifetime limited warranty
Fitting the stock
Fitting your Bell and Carlson stock is an easy process in most cases as it is a drop-in stock. You simply remove the barrelled action from the original stock and bolt it into the Bell and Carlson stock. However, as there are variations in manufacturer’s original equipment or variations in the model, it may be necessary to remove minimal material from the magazine and/or barrel channel area. Modifications can typically be achieved with the use of “Dremel tools”, wooden dowel wrapped with sandpaper, or of course a barrel channel tool. Glass bedding of the stock is not necessary but may be preferred for an absolute positive fit. Enquire with your local gunshop about their fitting services or for more information.